Monday, July 14, 2008

Randomly Re-writing Songs

Do you ever catch yourself "re-writing" songs in your head ?

~I did this all the time growing up as a kid, especially during the Dog Days of Summer (July & August)... And I still find myself on occassion making parodies of popular songs, hymns and praise songs.

Sample #1: I Write the Songs
Barry Manilow (I know...YUCK!)
I Re-write the Songs
campman62
I re-write the songs that make the whole church sing
I re-write the songs of love and special things
I re-write the songs that make the worship leader cry
I re-write the songs, I re-write the songs...
***If you appreciate gifted word-smithy & talented musicians check out a little best kept secret that you may not have heard about.
The ApologetiX (best Xian Parody Band, ever...)
apologetix.com
~ENJOY !!!

3 comments:

Kris said...

i like barry manilow...

kw

Campman62 said...

Kris,

~He's no Geddy Lee (Rush).

*O'coarse, I've never done a re-write of "Tom Sawyer", yet...maybe "Red Barchetta", too or "Limelight".

"...I re-write the songs that make the worship leader cry..." :::-O

><> ><> ><>

Kristin Zuvich said...

Thank you, sir, for your kind words on my blog! I appreciate your prayers!

kit,
Kristin Zuvich